Transform a piece of cauliflower into a nutritious, generous, gluten-free, low-carb and low-calorie dish
Cauliflower rice is one of the most trending keto dishes, its neutral flavor is perfect for creating all kinds of combinations.
Photo: Image by Pixaline on Pixabay / Pixabay
Rice It’s one of the most popular cereals in the worldNot for nothing is the staple food in many Eastern and Latin American cultures. While nothing can match it, it is a food rich in nutrients and also in carbohydrates, that is why in some meal plans (especially low-carb ones like the ketogenic diet) it is recommended to limit its consumption as a measure that helps to more easily meet the objectives issues of loss of body weight.
Recently all kinds of plant-based eating trends, much has been said about unmatched benefits for the health that this lifestyle offers us. That is why today we have the great advantage of having on hand numerous recipe and ingredient options who are the perfect ally for gain health and lose weight. One of the dishes that has recently become more popular in this area is the famous: cauliflower rice.
The truth is there are many reasons to love cauliflower ricer, stands out for being a full meal, low in carbohydrates and calories, very rich in nutrients, without gluten, very easy to prepare and is the perfect neutral base to create all kinds of combinations with flavors and personalities very different. exist two popular alternatives to turn a piece of cauliflower into rice:
- Option 1 – Food processor: All you have to do is add the well cleaned and dry cauliflower florets, process until they acquire the size of your preference (avoiding that it is very fine).
- Option 2 – Grater: Not everyone has a food processor on hand, however this will not be an impediment to prepare this vegetarian delight. Use the homemade grater you have available. Just like grating cheese, slide the cauliflower florets up and down the box grater.
Due to the great popularity of this dish, we currently have a third option: buy in the supermarket cauliflower rice bags ready to just cook. You can usually find them in the fruit and vegetable area at its fresh version, also in the area of frozen products.
Some tips for cooking cauliflower rice:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and pour in the cauliflower rice.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Add your favorite ingredients, some good recommendations: mixed vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini, carrot, cherry tomatoes and aubergines, fresh scent herbs like coriander, parsley, basil, mint and spearmint, protein sources such as egg, seafood, salmon, cheese and chicken, spices, seeds and nuts (they give it an incredible crunchy touch).
- Allow flavors to release for 5 more minutes and serve warm or hot.
- One cup of cauliflower rice contains 37 calories, while a white rice provides 100 calories.
- Relating to the amount of carbohydrates: cauliflower rice only contributes 7 grams, white rice 22 grams.
- Cauliflower rice contains greater contribution in fiber (3 grams additional to white) and is a great alternative for increase the consumption of vegetables.
4 creative ideas for preparing cauliflower rice:
If you like the information we shared in this article, please like, follow, share and subscribe us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram so that we can share more such useful articles with you in future.